HybridZ

3.36:1 R200

Trevor

I want higher gears than 3.54:1 and cheaper than a new gearset.

3rd mem pumpkins are $50.00 and the local wrecking yard.

Has anybody ever found a ultra-rare 3.36:1 R200 in a wrecking yard? I've always wondered why 6 cyl. auto Maximas don't have higher gears - (maybe they do but in a R180)

Where else should I look?

Anybody owned one in the only stock Z application? - 1979 280ZX 4 speed :?:

Yes, 4-spd with a 3.36 just like the early S30s with the 4-spd. That is why they are so rare. I had a R200 with the 3.36 but it was still too tight a gear for me and a lucky person on this forum now owns that rare piece. For people like myself, Trevor and others who need a R200 with a gear taller than 3.54, that is when other rear-end options get serious consideration.

Here is the scenario. Find a 3.70 LSD if you are lucky. Find a R200 3.36 if all the stars are aligned and Bin Laden & Saddam turn themselves in :D or buy a set from NISMO :eek:, pay a shop to do the R&P swap, new bearings while you at it, get a set of CVs, get the CV adaptor and strong stubs from Ross. You are well into 4-figures, if you can find the first 2 items and hope they are in good condition.

I have a 3:36 R&P set new in Nissan box that I'm thinking about selling - I already have 3:36 ratio in my car, and picked these up from Ross C. when I thought I might need to replace mine.

I paid 400.00 and would be looking to recover that...

Guest tt350

One quick (maybe dumb question):

Do I have to drop the entire diffrential just to replace the cover gasket? I thought since you guys were on the topic already might as well ask.

I have the R180 right now. Also, what do i have to do to swap in a R230?

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Your Car is Slow

Wow...I never new it was that rare. I have a 3.36 R200 sitting on my shop table right now that ive been cleaning up to put in my 240.

Is this the smallest (numerically) rear end you can get in an R200? What about an R230?