HybridZ

R230 CV Adapters group buy

mas28O

Tims require four inner cv joints. I`m having some made this week that only require shortening the shafts and welding the adaptor to the outer cv that has had the spindle removed. I will post pics in the buy/sell forum as soon as I get the adaptors back.

Tims require four inner cv joints. I`m having some made this week that only require shortening the shafts and welding the adaptor to the outer cv that has had the spindle removed. I will post pics in the buy/sell forum as soon as I get the adaptors back.

Denny,

What happens when/if the CV wears out and starts getting noisy? Are you going to have to have new adapters made, or will you cut the welds on the adpter and reweld the new CV? That system has merit for sure, and the CV replacement may not be an issue (not sure how tough they are over the long term). I have a solution for the shaft walking and pushing against the backing plate on the inner CV (against the diff).

Tim

I hadn`t realy considered that, but the way the design looks so far, It wouldn`t be all that hard to cut the weld and clean it up with a grinder to reattach to the new cv.

I guess It might be a good idea to find a way to rebuild the outer cv. They are supposed to be permanently assembled.

Thanks for the input, I`ll look into it further.