i'm considering it.

i have 2 chevrolet 4 blot main 350's to choose from

and a friend of mine is gitting ready to part out his 86 grand national

3.8 turbo.

i'm guessing the v6 of the z31 weights less than the L6 of the 70-83 z's

so the 3.8 turbo GN motor would be the best idea so not to loose handling

but next delema

my transmission of choice is either BW T56 OR VETTE ZF 6 speed

i can buy an adapter i beieve to run a chevy tranny on a buick??

so many choices!

i guess after i'm done with my vg30et nissan 4x4 pick up i might start on a v8 or v6 turbo z31. also i just bought a ducati 748 set me back

so now i'm a bit behind my modification schedule for my truck ugh!

been 6 months so far. i'm gonna cry if it doesn't run soon.

Guest benjlv

the buick 231 is just a 350 block with two cylinders hacked off. All the trannies that bolt up to a chevy 350 should just bolt up to the buick motor.

Guest Aaron

The buick 231 is not a 350 - two cylinders. You are thinking of the chevy 4.3L.

I think the buick engine only came hooked up to an auto trans. You may want to search some of the GN boards for more info.

My dad is currently building an 84 300ZX with a 406sbc and a th350 for the drag strip. Just for fun, he is building a set of headers that exit the fenders funny car style.

Guest Want aZ

In the latest issue of Car Craft or Hot Rod, there is an article on a company that makes adapters for the T56 specifically, all applications it was about 7-8 pages long...check it for it could be the answer your looking for...

I'm sure Scottie can jump in here.... but from what I've heard and read, adapting a manual transmission to the Buick engine can work, but is really undesireable. If I can remember right, the engine simply doesn't work as well using the stick as it does the auto... where it's loaded more to make more boost, with taller gear ratios. The Buick GN is the only car I really wouldn't mind having the automatic in because I know it works so well.

Guest Darthmentos

I trove a buick t type, which was the kissing cousin of the GN for a long time. and the honest truth is, you will have no fun at all with a stick shift.

The reason why is that the turbo wont "spool" until 15-20 mph up until that point the car was very unresponsive, after that point, it tried to suck your eyeballs thru the seatback.

Unless you want to spool the thing up at every red light, the stick doesnt sound like much fun to me. Besides the cops will tend to give you a hard time scratching off all the time like that.

my $.02