HybridZ

LS1 / T56 Update #14

Some recovery from last week. Motor mounts have been fully welded up, painted, and reinstalled in the car. Fuel lines have been removed from the pasenger side rail and rerouted up the firewall. Heater hoses have been cut to length and are ready to go. Wiring harnesses - ugh! The Datsun harness is being cleaned up and no longer necessary items removed. The LS1 harness is having each wire end tagged with its identity, unneeded wires removed and a few new ones added.

The ECM - it originally mounted on the passenger side fender well. Where have ya'll mounted yours? Thinking about where the passengers feet go inside the car under the heater control valve. Opinions?

Hi Phantom

Personaly, I'd mount the ECU under the heater, under the dash, or somewhere on the firewall inside of the car. The ECU will be protected from weather ( inside the fender) and moisture ( under the pass seat, or pass feet). It depend on your dash too!!!

Good luck!!, and really happy that you 'll drive that car soon!! :-D

Dayz

I put mine in that same spot right next to the blower. I removed the electrical connector holder and put it in the same hole. I removed the case from the computer drilled and tapped two holes and created a bracket to hold it up there with 16GA steel. Make sure that you have the connectors facing the right way or it will not connect the wires will be too short.

Computer3.jpg

This is how i did mine....I havent worked on it in about a month paint should be done next week.

The heater control valve is close but does not hit. You could trim some of

it down so that it will clear with about a 1/4". Operation of all controls and

electrical is perfect i couldn't asked for a better place. You will not beable

to see it when i put the front cover below the dash. It will not fit untill you

remove the electrical connector bracket underneath the dash.

Altho, i did have one problem. I will not beable to put the plastic cover

over the wires on the connector. The wires are too tight to put them on

there. You will not even see it so i decided to toss them...they were pretty

hokie anyway.

Good luck.

Briguy280z

Thanks for the additional info. I've already "hardcopied" this and emailed the topic url to the guys at John's Cars. I always figured that the ECM needed to mount somewhere in that area but didn't know if anyone had done it yet.

Next visitation with car is this coming Tuesday. If all is well it will only be lacking exhaust system and safety inspection by then. I'm planning on running it on the big oval at Texas Motor Speedway May 10th so the heat is on.