HybridZ

rb26 running like crap!!!!

stony

Ok need some opinions. car idles kinda rough and sounds like its missing a cylinder or tune under acceleration. pulled checked all the wires and made sure i was getting spark...trust me im getting spark i think i have a stutter now :bonk:

i pulled all the plugs a had a look ... 2 of the 6 have white tips and the others look fine. these are brand new hks racing plugs so they shouldnt be the problem. Initial guess is the injectors are clogged on those 2 cylinders causing them to go lean under load. any other suggestions before i pull them and get them checked?

Its fixed . i took the injectors to be flow checked they all flowed 67ml they gave me new orings and screens.. I installed them and now it runs great. the only thing i can think is the fuel dried up in the injector over the winter and gummed up the screens impeding the flow of fuel. so problem solved now to organize teh rats nest of wires under the dash :(

More than likely the injector was not closeing properly leaking at idle, it causes rough idle and harder starts. My brother talon did this, it also would bleed down the fuel pressure on the guage after the car was shut off.

Good to hear it was cheap !!

nope it was screen in the injector not allowing theh fluid to flow thru the injector. this is why when the screen s were pulled and the injectors flow checked everything was fine. after the new screens where installed the car ran great;> what i think happened was the car sat for 6 months or so and the fuel in the injectors evaporated leaving behind a film that harded and wala restriction