HybridZ

the new GTR.

r35%201.jpg

After seeing this above artist's idea of what the new GTR will look like i decided to take a crack at modifing it to look more like what i think the GTR should embody.

GTR.jpg

This is my version, as you can see i tried to make it look more like an evolution of the lines used on the R32-34 GTR as well as integrate some design cues from other Nissan products (especially G35 and 350Z).

i'd like to know what you guys think, as this is the most level-headed message board i frequent.

an evolution:

R32 GTR:gtr.jpg

R33 GTR:r33gtr2.jpg

R34 GTR:skyline.jpg

New GTR:GTR.jpg

I like your design, much of that is because the first one just looks like so many other cars out there today. I think the way you accentuated the rear over the tire, makes it look a bit beefier and more aggressive, kind of like the Porsche and its fat rear end, to accomidate tires + engine.

Your grill design looks Mustang-ish.

Good work.

As Mudge said, the way you accentuated the rear qtr makes it look more aggresive. I like the taller skirts and the lights are a big improvement.

The door and the front qtr need work to blend them in with the rest of the photo.

Your design is better--take that from a former graphic artist/car nut! :D

Your design adds some 'muscle' to the car and makes the lines better defined, while still adding some curves. The Nissan design does not have enough 'shape' to it.

Embarrass them by sending it in.

Davy

I love the way you kept to the original gtr styling. the front fascia is execellent. looks very gtr. the headlights might be a tad bigger but other than that it is execellent. maybe the GT-R badge where that vent/side marker were originally in front of the door. the widebodyness of the rear looks pretty nice too. definatly send that into nissan. I hope they are open to suggestion because their version just has no taste or originallity.