HybridZ

What did you do with your stock engine/tranny?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I just purchased a '71 smile.gif and have plans of doing the JTR swap.

The PO just put about $1200 bonk.gif into the old engine in the form of new clutch, wires, plugs, etc. Basically an engine overhaul, which I didn't have the heart to tell him I didn't give a rat's ass about. cuss.gif

Is there a decent market out there for used inline 6's and manual trannies? How much can I expect to sell this great-running engine and tranny for?

Thanks,

Henry

I sold mine on ebay for $130. When I bought the car it was not running and it would not crank. An electrical problem I did not want to waste time figuring out since the motor was coming out anyway. I heard back from the guy about 4 months latter. It fired over on the first try and runs like a champ. I'm glad the guy got a good deal. smile.gif

I just did the exact same thing with the engine and tranny out of my '71. I put one post on the zcar.com site and had a ton of responses.

I sold the engine, exhaust, starter for $300 and the 5spd. tranny for $250.

I was able to sell to people in my general geographic location and not have to deal with shipping. Good luck.

Guest Anonymous

Well I didn't have time to let mine sit to wait for a buyer or for me to sell it, I posted a ad on Zcar and gave it away, it ran decently, the transmission was shot and I made them take that to get the motor. Probably could have gotten a c-note for it had I had time or ambition to do so. Thats ok though, my Chevy motor no longer floods out and makes me walk back in the house pissed that I'm not going wherever it was I was going like the mistuned dual carbed L motor. :D

Regards,

Lone