HybridZ

whatta ya think about this?

Guest bigjim240z

Guest bigjim240z

ive heard of guys using turbo injectors on an n/a car with the turbo afm modded to plug into the n/a harness, and a larger t/b and intake system. i guess the turbo fuel press reg would have to be used as well. i was thinking of doing this along with a header, big exaust and an n42 head on a flat top motor. will this motor perform well and will i be able to tune it to pass smog in california?

Guest bigjim240z

oh and i also left out a very mild cam in that n42 head. i know this wont compare to a turbo car, (which i would rather build) but im trying to stay close to smog legal as possible with the n/a car i already own.

I was told a while back the the turbo injectors would flow more fuel than needed, and wash the cylinders down with gas... Not sure, but I suspect you won't get the performance you hope for... The better option would be to find a turbo motor in the JY and swap it in. Remember to grab the harness and computer...

Mike

You can make the injectors work, you just have to adjust the spring pressure in the AFM. Its not that hard to do, but you should mark your original position in case you need to return it to where it once was. You will want to tighten the spring.