HybridZ

New best for my ZXT

Went to the track tonight, steele for those of you in my area, and it sucked. It was hot and humid in the swamp, but I would not be denied. I made one pass resulting in a new best for me. 12.593@114.22 mph.

Supra Driver Excuses: :lol::lol:

I was on 93 octane

My bov was leaking

My timing is to retarded

I am thinking the cam is going to be my next area I explore, as well as some timing. I think the balancer(damper) may be going south. So I expect to see the times drop and the mph pick up.

Ok lets see. Combo is a 1mm over 2.8 with forged pistons, 240 rods, and everything else in the engine is stock except for the rod bolts. I have the JWT ecu set-up with the ford cobra MAF, 420cc injectors, 4 bar fuel map, .5 volt step, JWT sport 450 turbo, and a spearco 221 intercooler with 2.5 in lines. 3 inch mandrel bent exhaust. I run a T5 with a 300ZXTT clutch set-up and have 3.90's out back right now. 60mm t/b.

60' 1.9771

1/8th 8.225@88.44

R/T 1.004

I guess you can tell that I was working on my happy meal at the tree. :lol:

I just got done with my "little cam" installation. It is a crower and it specs out at .218 duration at .050 and .428 lift with 110 degree LCA. It really perked it up based upon the butt o' meter. Pulls cleanly to the limiter which is 7k. Has a slight lope to it, just enough for a Z guy to go "is that a stock cam?"

Now I got to work on the BOV, and look into snatching the head for a valve job, valve stem seals and valve guides. I may have to wait on that, but the local mosquito population won't appreciate it.

Anyway, may go back but we will just have to see. Hoping to get down into the 11's, and then it will be time for a stroker and some of Jeff P's one off parts. :lol:

Maybe when birmingham F body rents out the dyno I will go make a pull or two, just to see what it is doing now.