HybridZ

Need longer wheel lugs!

Guest das280zx

Guest das280zx

Well I just got some new wheels and they rub too much on my front struts. I just ordered some spacers off of ebay. So I now need some new wheel lugs. I need to get some in the original size/thread pitch. Does anybody know what it is? Also where do you get them for cheap. Nismo ones are like 8 bucks a pop!!

You can also get ARP or Moroso studs, 3" long I think. They also make a GM stud which is 12mm x 1.50. Either way you'll need new wheel nuts.

Road race engineering sells some 52mm long ones but also in a 1.5 pitch. Might as well go with the stronger ARP/Moroso ones.

Owen

Guest das280zx

I did some searching on this forum and Zcarnut suggested ones from a nissan quest. I went to NAPA and ordered 8 of them. Looks like they will work. I will try and post the part number sometime if I find out they do work. They are about 2 bucks apeice.

Hello,

Need to jump in here.

I just installed my new rims and noticed that the studs only go about 5 to 6 thread into the accorn lug nuts.

How many threads are needed or safe?

I'm in need of longer studs?

The thread go about half the way.

Any help would be great!

Thanks

Adam

I hope I'm understanding this but you have an open acorn nut and the threads of the bolt only go in 5 or 6 threads deep? That's scary!

They should at least be tightened so that there's 5 or 6 threads OUT of the back end right? Maybe more?

Owen

Guest das280zx

according to sport compact car, you should have at least as much bolt to thread the nut on as the bolt is wide. That means you should have about 12mm of bolt showing, at least on zcars. This sounds like a good rule of thumb to me. I'll get back to ya'll after I find out if these quest bolts work or not!

Guest das280zx

I picked up the nissan quest wheel studs. They look like they will work great! They are almost identical to the stock front studs, except they are about 1.5cm's longer. So you can theoretically use a spacer that size. I'll try and get them installed soon! BTW they are Napa part # 641-2785

Owen,

Thats right, only half through the open accorn lug.

It really made me think twice about driving.

I gone the wheels from Centerline and tires and lugs from discount tires.

No spacers, 5" backspacing

das280zx,

12mm of bolt showing? wow, not even.

I will put picture up.

Thanks

adam

Hello,

I marked one of the stud and marked the inside of the lug and came up with this, I get about .53" or 13.46mm engagement into the lug and the stud measures .465 or 11.811mm.

counted the amount of turns and it came up with 8 threads/turns.

Looked at the front and what a pain, I need to take it all apart to get the studs out. :evil:

Also it looks that the front studs are shorter then the rear.

Centerline state to engage 1 time the stud diameter.

The torque state to be 75/85 ft. lbs.

I'm running out of time and monies, 10 day to go to have on road.

Any input?

Thanks

Adam

Guest das280zx

Well, the Quest wheel studs do work! I swapped them in last night and put my new wheels on! They look really good, I'll get a pic up soon.

JohnC, don't some drag racing regulations require a certain amount to be extending out from the top of the open lug? Thought I read that somewhere...

Das280ZX, how strong are those studs? Sounds like a good option!

Owen

Guest das280zx

What do you guys think?

w_kosei3.jpg

I wasn't sure at first, but I think they look pretty darn good. They look even better on a first get, imo.