HybridZ

ka24de motorswap into a 77 280z?

Guest ka24beast

Guest ka24beast

I wasn't sure which forum this should go into, so please move it if this isn't right...

has anyone ever seen this done? I know the 510 guys do it on occasion...but I've never heard of it in a z...I'm really interested in it because the potential of this motor is incredible, and the availability of parts really can't be beat.

I'd love to put a nice t3 or t3/t4 turbo on a ka24de and put that into one of my 280z's...it would be unique, yet still quite fast...anyone have any opinions?

-Alden

ka24s are really cheap, since most 240sx guys are throwing them away for sr20dets, i see motor and trans going for like 150 sometimes, i know two guys that just gave theirs away, thats a pro i think, a motor thats cheaper than an L motor, and thats CHEAP.

Guest ka24beast

yeah, the ka24's are a dime a dozen, I've currently got a 96 I'm swapping into my 89 240sx to replace the original sohc, I figure the sohc could actually be the testbed motor for the 280z if I can't find a 'de' motor that I like right away...we'll see, it'll be a while before I get to start this, since I don't return from korea for about 10 months, but I've already got the cars so I'm pretty much committed :wink: