HybridZ

TEC II ignition maps

rags

Anyone running a TEC II on a l28 turbo motor willing to share ignition maps with me? Not that I'm having a problem but I just want to see if I'm on the right track. Also, what BSFC did u use when creating your bin? Thanks.

Joe

Thanks James,

I'm really conservative compared to you!! I'm not going to advance that much but it's good to know that I have more room. How much boost were you pushing when this map was used? Turbo? Were you using the giant custom Spearco?

Joe

well, I was running 230kpa(about 18psi) on the twinturbo setup with the monster twin-core Garrett intercooler. I will try to take a screen shot later today of my current timing curve which is more conservative and should work well for most turbo setups. I am running about 8.7:1 compression currently.

You can see timing ramps out very fast from 97kpa to 120kpa(0psi). You will want to ramp the timing out quick and then taper it off. It does not have to follow exactly as mine, but gives you some ideas. you will need to find the magic point between timing and fuel and which combination to eliminate detonation coming onto boost. Less timing and less fuel or more timing and more fuel?????? Good thing I have an automatic car, I sort of breeze by that part of the map fairly quick.