HybridZ

Ultimate Zleeper

mxs666

Rick is obviously too buisy policing edicate on the board or too humble to post this himself, so i guess it falls on me to do it. Very nice write-up on the car, according to rick, it is going to be in the mag soon also.

http://www.pasmag.com/news/get.asp?ID=586&tsectionkey=features#

Currently working on replacing the 1/2 shalfts w/ infinity Q45 shafts and CVs (i think they will fit :o) and new recaro millenium SRD seats. Also, the APEX's is not a piggyback, it is stand alone, and the clutch is NISMO Racing. The write up also says 12lbs, but i think it is running closer to 7lbs now at probably about 325hp (still not dyno'd).

The motor is just about broken in now, and we are going to start tuning it here in san diego. I had someone insterested in working on the tuning but they may have flaked out. If any of y'all are in the san diego area and want to get this motor dialed in and ready for prime time let me know. I would prefer someone with some experience w/the Apex'i, better still if they have done a skyline.

Peace - Michael

Beacuse we are just breaking in the motor, i really have not attempted to launch it, but just stepping on it a bit at only 7lbs its fast and the tires dont spin. In fact, when you gun it in second, you can actually feel the car rise as the torque loads the springs and then the car just shoots out. It has that harrier jet effect. Off the line, i expect the lsd will help, but once we raise the boost to a streetable 18lbs, i have no idea what is going to happen. I also have to play with the suspension a bit, or maybe roll the inside of the fenders to keep them off the rubber. They do rub a little now.

Also, i have been thinking about putting a power sterring unit in. Did you do this in your car? Any thoughts or advise on this would be helpful.

• 4 weeks later...