HybridZ

tire size on cobra R wheels

Guest Paul Felker

Guest Paul Felker

hello every one, been pretty busy with the z lately. ive installed a 5 lug conversion rear disk conversion, and the 300z toy 4=4 upgrade, along with a njew set of tokico struts, ground controll coil overs bushing, blah, blah, blah the list is quite extensive. now my question, what size tires fit with out rubbing, i have 17+9 cobra r's{polished of course!} when every thing is all put together i have a 3/8 in gap between the wheel and the strut tube. id like to put a set of 245-40-17's but can i go a little wider? thats all the info i can think of off the top of my head, so give me some input guys!! thanks

Did you mount your coil overs with 8 inch springs or 12 inch springs??? I know with 245s on my Mustang wheels, and with 5/8th inch wheel spacers, I have very little space for clearance on the tube with the 12 inch coil overs... I'm hoping to change this with 8 inch springs. I've got 275s on my Cobra R wheels, but have moved those to the Mustang. I also have 255s on the front, so I could really do some tire fit tests once I get the new coil overs in... :D

Mike