HybridZ

Strut Tower Brace

I ordered strut tower braces from Top End Performance. They arrived yesterday. There will be some minor fit issues because my strut towers appear to be about 1/4" closer together front and rear than the bolt holes in the braces allow. I'm going to try jacking the car and see if they "spread" a bit. Here's the interesting news. It's like the front one was made for the LS1!!! The cross member passes just behind the oil fill tube cap so it can be removed with no problem. The gussett between the cross member and the firewall brace on the passenger side covers the oil dipstick - EXCEPT - it has a 1" diameter hole in it that will allow me to bend the tube over about 3/8" and have the dipstick come up through the hole. Unbelievable!

BTW - the braces themselves appear to be very well constructed and come with all the necessary mounting hardware and are powder coated in black.

I ws asked that question when I called Top End this AM. My car has never been wrecked, not even dented. I'm wondering if maybe it is a metal fatigue sag that occurs over twenty years? I'll find out when I jack it and loosen the bolts and see if they line up then. If they do I'll proceed with the install and then probably have to take the car in for a four wheel alignment to ensure things haven't moved too much.

Phantom, if all else fails getting those towers straight, you could get a thick moving strap, hook it up to a firm object like another car (bumper), and then hook it somehow to the tower, and crank away! It worked perfect for my buddy and i while installing non adjustable braces on his 240.