HybridZ

The rules of rice

R0N

Guest ON3GO

why is the guy picking on Cavy's?

their 100% better then hondas or any other FWD import... i say there the best FWD import.

i have a friend with a 2001 Z24, with a few bolt ons and a 65 shot of nitrous it runs 14 flats all day, if not better sense he has done pulleys now.

also my friends stock 1997 cavy 2.2 with 165K on the car, and stock clutch ran a 16.2, its his daily driver (he has a 12 sec wrx) that he bought for 500 bucks.

J-body all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mike

why is the guy picking on Cavy's?

Um... Because they're one of the most eggregious pretender car out there? You see a LOT of them out there with tons of rice on them, and they originally sold as an ECONOMY car with no sporting pretensions whatsoever. That later changed with the introduction of the Z24.

their 100% better then hondas or any other FWD import...

"better"? In what way? If you consider durability, resale value, fuel economy, smooth operation (N-V-H issues), build quality and interior comfort to be important, then a Honda will probably spank any of the Cavaliers. You are, of course, entitled to your opinion, and if you like Cavaliers that's okay by me. But you might want to drive both of them back to back and see which of them is smoother, quieter, better assembled, and more thrifty. (These are, after all, economical transportation appliances we're talking about here.)

i say there the best FWD import."

I thought the Cavalier was domestic?

i have a friend with a 2001 Z24, with a few bolt ons and a 65 shot of nitrous it runs 14 flats all day, if not better sense he has done pulleys now.

Won't just about any Honda run a 14 with a 65 shot of Nitrous? I'm not sure - I don't hang with the Honda crowd.

Mike, believe it or not I ain't ragging on you. I just can't resist poking you in the belly when your shirt's up! :)

Guest ON3GO

ya i know toyota had alot to do with the cavy.

if you say hondas are better then thats fine by me.. but remember you have a base cavy that will run just as fast if not faster then a new SI.

the new ecotec motors are really good motors.

yes there interior may not be honda's but were talking about a 13k car to a 20k car, i would hope the Si, or RSX is better.

my friend had a new SI, i didnt care for it, ride wasnt all that great, and power sucks if your not high up in the rpms.

in a Z24, or reg j-body you have plenty of power down low to redline.

handling is pretty good for the cavy. heck even in my friends 1997 with 165k on it, all he has is springs and shocks and it handles pretty damn good. and no a stock honda with a 65shot wont run a 14 flat to a high 13...

bang for the buck these J-bodys are pretty damn good.

and i dunno, every where i go i see a riced out honda, not a j-body.

mike

Guest TreeCutter260z

Cavaliers are the biggest piles of crap. go drive a 2000 cicvic si then a a z24 and you will relize that anyone who buys a cavy is a complete tool. they are worth nothing at all. no offense to any other z own who likes then but until you drive both you will relize.

matt

Guest ON3GO

ive driven both, even back to back.. im sorry i dont see a 8K difference.

my friends 2001 Z24 was 14K, my friends new SI was 21 i think.

interior yes the honda wins, but power no, and handling the honda had it but not by much. didnt care for the shifter in the SI, and didnt like the ride.

mike

None are sports cars, so why sit and argue and split hairs over low (to no) cubic inch, FWD...ECONOMY cars? It's all a bad fad that isn't going away soon enough, fueled by a generation of misinformed (read: Fast and Furious), Flash is fast bunch of pathological liars (i've seen way too many, my 260hp modded '96 Maxima does 11.8 ets @ 163 and weighs 3300lbs, sorry but not real feasible to even reach 160 as a top speed in that brick on wheels let alone to do it in the 1/4 mile). And sure, i'll race him in my stock truck and probably win every time, can't say for sure because i've yet find one with the balls to even try. Sorry, but i'm sick of being lied to period, and all this crap about how with just a cat-back, chip and intake, everybody's honda etc can run low 11s. Last test i saw said the group combined was lucky to break 16s stock, so 11s would require some major work.

Sorry again, i live with a liar, my patience is near extinct :(

"i say there the best FWD import."

Let's not forget about the 2nd gen Ford Probe GT. It can handle, has some power and has great sex appel. But, cost a bit more than a Cav. Just my .02 :-D

And yes, it's an import...many parts are made from Mazda...well most of the parts.

Jason

Oh you guys will like this. OK OK it is not mine, it is my girl friends and it has extra rice. :-D

Park bench (spoiler) bolted to the trunk

Dual, exhaust on a 4 cylinder (but it is not loud, so it is not that rice)

100lbs of Xenon ground effects

And the wheels/tires from my Z (that some day I will give her when I get some CCW’s)

But you know what, it is fun and she likes it. She likes to get parts for it. Better than spending all her cash on new clothes . :-D

And she dose not think it is fast. :-D

album_pic.php?pic_id=994

album_pic.php?pic_id=995

Guest ON3GO

lol na nothing... im tired of talking about civics..... and atleast she doesnt have Rice lights...

:)

mike

P.S. what does ur g/f thing of ur Z? like what does she say about it.... all girls make fun of my Z.... i mean its no where near as nice as ur Z......

my poor Z :(

Chef Josh's famous 'Seven Layer Prune Suprize' dip couldn't cause flatulance this annoying. It is for the sake of the community that I thank the man upstairs for making sure these exhaust systems don't smell as bad as they sound.
:D OMG Im laughing so hard it hurts!

If the centrally-located exhaust pipe doesn't scream "I enjoy butt sex", maybe the 'Brad Is Cool' URL will convince you.

BAAhaaaaa!!