HybridZ

Turbo Identification

Guest Vince

Guest Vince

Well it was half off day at the local "pick a part".....and to make a long story short i came home with a rajay turbo that i plucked from a modified 240z. The problem i'm having is identifying the details about the turbo. Im a newbie to turbos so bear with me. Are there any sites with listings of model numbers for turbos or anything like that? The model number is 3aa1ee60b1. It was a carbureted draw through setup by the way...which seems odd to me.

I also took the intake manifold which i also cant identify, im new to L series engines as well. The manifold says "Turbo Z" , im guessing its a stock piece?

Any help would be appreciated.

Guest Vince

Im not so sure it was a kit. It looked fabricated. The exhaust header was quite beat up, and i could see where they plugged up the holes which were originally used for emissions equipment. Also it looks like there was a holley 4 barrel carb on it, which was gone when i got there but i was able to get the part that adapted it to the turbo. I'll get pics soon...

Guest Zcarsmakemyheadhurt

Thats cool old school stuff, the Rajay is pretty much junk but the adapter is cool and you should get the manifold just because it is set up with a TO4 flange. Try to take some digital pics of the turbo and I can tell you what it is more or less. I would bet it has a large exhaust wheel and small compressor....

Yes and it will be a slow spooling pig too.

I had a Rayjay on my car from the old BAE set-ups, and man that sucker spooled slow. It made some power when it came up, but it was like you are five and waiting for Christmas all over again. It takes forever.

Be cool to play with it and see what you could get it to do. With a holley on there, you could stick a plate system under there and really give it a boost, or make it go BOOM. :shock:

• 1 month later...