HybridZ

Will a Performer RPM clear my hood?

Guest TreeCutter260z

Guest TreeCutter260z

I am going to order a rpm intake and was wondering if it would fit. I have a 260 with a chevy 350 in the JTR position and 80457 holley carb. i also have a 3inch tall 11 inch k&n element. i currently have performer on it. will the rpm make a difference? i have a 278h energizer cam.

thanks

matt

I have already been through this. Your intake is roughly the same height as the one I will be using (Victor Jr.). There were a couple of people who told me that they were running the RPM with about 1/2" clearance. The only catch is you have to run a drop base air cleaner. You know like the edelbrock ones you can buy at the local autoparts stores for $30. Try doing a search using my user # and victor jr.

Hope this helps!

If you are willing to spend more money, $90 will get you a '69 Z/28 air cleaner that has WAY more drop base than the aftermarket ones, and is MUCH better constructed. You can buy just the base for about $50 and use any top if you want one that matches your valve covers. Ricks First Generation has them as well as all the other first gen Camaro parts suppliers.