HybridZ

Good thing my cars to ugly to steal

Guest POKINATCHA

Guest POKINATCHA

I cannot get the friggin window cranks off of my doors! I need to check out the locks, since right now none of them work. Anybody have any ideas?

an old trick that use more often than the tool designed to get the clip out of those things is a red rag, sometimes the clip gets put in in both directions so you'll have to try from both ends but, get a reletively thin rag, like a red mechanic's rag (they litter the floor in my garage) grap 2 corners streight across from each other and slide the middle under the crank handle base right up against the door panel and drag it upward at a 45 degree angle, the idea is to catch the rag on one of the tips of the retainer and pull the little bugger out, do this slowly and smoothly so as not to launch the clip 3 blocks away or at least to where it will not be found, good luck

Guest POKINATCHA

Alright, I just read evildky's post about the shop rag, and having a herd of them in the car already, I decided to give it a shot. So, I trek outside with a flashlight, only to find that there is no spring on the window crank! The passenger side has one (which I promptly turned into a highspeed projectile in the middle of the night) but I think the driver's side must be Loctited or something. I played with a little bit, but I didn't relly feel like breaking off the window crank tonight. Now tomorrow.... :wink:

Try a dental pic.

Well DUH...I have a whole set of those things and never used them for that! Stupid stupid stupid--I just used a needle nosed pliers (not the best tool for the job) with great frustration, but I did manage to get it done.

Thanks for the reminder DCarrow!!!!!

Davy