HybridZ

Took Spotfitz For Ride

Phantom

I was at the Cowtown Z Club meeting this evening. Finally got a chance to show off the car. Head got swelled pretty good from lots of good words. Spotfitz, one of this forums senior members, was there so I took him for a ride. Basically just a quick 1st, 2nd, 3rd and then a u-turn back to the lot and the rest of the gang. He has also ridden in Lone Star 1's LS1 powered 240 so he can give his impressions and compare the two cars a bit.

we need to have a phantom special bb for you! really love that car, thats cool man, we all want to see some heads up racing with the other ls1 powered texas z car. watch out though, hes got an auto!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, I know. I've been up close and personal with Lone Star 1's car. It has the 4L60E in it and I think he's got his ECM problems worked out now too. Car is really sweet. His is blue with white stripe - mine is red with white stripe. Us Texas boys are patriotic - and fast!

Well, I wouldn't say a year. More like, acouple days. Davy, I am always on this board, daily, atleast. I may never have something to say, but I am here. Reading and digesting. Just wait until My Z is done :lol:

Phantom's ride is, well, what you would call, excess of power, just like you would expect any hybrid Z to be! It has all the grunt you would ever need and then some. Excellent install! Very, very clean. Looks totally factory. If I would recommend a supplier for the LS1 install(which there really isn't one, except), it would be John's car's. Everything from the needed heat shields for the relays on the pass. side, to the ecm controlled electric fans. It has everything. (yes, I know what I am talking about after Atleast 4 years of lurking, debating, wishing)

As Phantom said, I have had a taste of Lone Stars ride, which I do feel at ah of(is that actually a word?), even though it was in a short spurt. The control(I'm sure, do to the modified mustache bar of the rear end to control wheel bop) of Phantoms Z is very controllable. I have lit them up before in my Z(even with the Phantom grip, no pun intended), but damn! Nothing like a straight line with the Z going not so straight, if you know what I mean. It was totally under control, which tells me that Phantom will need some more tires in the not so near future, due to some practice runs. :D This may come to some suprize to Phantom, but others in our Z club didn't like the idea of putting an american V8 in one of our Z cars. I say, the hell with purists. It is a 280Z, one of the most production made Z's available. Yes, we may run out of Z's one of these days, but I would hope to think that we will be remembered(and envied) as some of the fastest and most developed cars in the world!

I have decided Not to do the V8 conversion(after much consideration of turbo) with my 260, but I have an '81 that I am thinking of purchasing in the not so distant future that should do nicely. I hope the current owners aren't listening. :twisted:

Thanks for allowing me to be one of the first rides in your new found exotic. Hope to join you on the track someday. :wink:

Well, my new pc at home is now giving me problems, but that doesn't mean I can't get payed for looking at the recent posts on HybridZ :D

I haven't talked to him about the '81 anymore. Been very busy lately. I have seen it before, but didn't look as hard at it, as a potential daily driver/future project. And yes, he has purchased several Z's in the last couple months. He was starting to run out of room and had to get a storage unit.

As for what I am going to do. My Z should be stripped down to the shell and suspension within the next couple of weeks and going to paint jail. I have decided on artic white w/ everything blacked out :wink: With possible gun metal, metal flake.

I'm hoping it will look as good in person as it does in my mind. While that is going on I will finally be getting my head worked for the engine transplant once the Z is back from jail. Then I will be searching for all the needed parts for the turbo conversion. I have decided I won't be doing the V8 conversion on this one, but looking forward to some of the recent updates on V8 Z32 :!:

Spot,

Have you thought about talking to Jerry about the turbo motor he's had sitting in his garage for his car for about 5 years now? I think he may be giving up on that car and would sell the whole thing for a reasonable price.

Talking with him last Thursday(I think?), while discussing my Z, I looked over at his and asked if I could just buy the right door off of his Z since I already had the hood off of it :D He told me it was about to get worked on, but I know what your saying zfan. I've known him about the same amount of time and it hasn't been touched, especially since he got his new toy.

Spot' date='

Have you thought about talking to Jerry about the turbo motor he's had sitting in his garage for his car for about 5 years now? I think he may be giving up on that car and would sell the whole thing for a reasonable price.[/quote']

If your talking about the motor that had the yellow botton end on it then. Sorry, but, thats whats in my car. I agree I've known Jerry for about 6 years maybe more and when I first went out there I saw him working on the engine and I asked him about a turbo conversion. This was before I had a turbo car. I guess he installed the engine then let it sit for awhile.