HybridZ

Questions about G-Nose !

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I think G-Nose front is my fav look...

album_pic.php?pic_id=725

IMG_0001.JPG

although i love this front too, and looks like a way easier install, what front lip is that?

Dsc00029.jpg

Anyways, my question is.. If i put the G-Nose on a 240z, where can i find the headlight cover for it, since it would be different than a normal headlight cover right?

Also I have been looking around, and looks like there is no good G-nose kit available (that will fit good, have the hood hinges? etc etc). Is there anywhere I can obtain a G-nose conversion kit and a headlight cover???

I dont really see the big deal with missing a hood hinge tho, can someone clearify what it really is? Thanks

Couple of things here... First I HAD a Gnose until I loaned it to a former member to use for molds and I never fot it back and then he disappeared.. I love the Gnose look and I'll probably have to resort to getting one from Show Cars and having to spend tons of money on it... Anyway, You MUST USE hinges made for the Gnose so the hood won't interfere with the Gnose. You can't get around it... Anyway, Next topic is the headlight covers... I was told they are no longer n production and you won't be able to get them unless you find them used or have them custom made.

If you find anything out let us all know, because there are several of us interested in the covers and sources for the Gnose.

Mike

Guest Anonymous

it would be great if someone started fabricated a G-Nose replica kits!!!!!!

Now again with the hood hinges... Isnt it a pretty simple to make or find??? Or am I missing something here....

Whether I go G-Nose or not, i just love the headlight covers, so Im gonna need to find them, but i guess the normal covers are easy to find.

Also, what kinda front does the blue Z have? I see that look on a lot of the Zs.

Guest the_dj

This could be my excuse to take up fiberglass/cf work. :) I have a gnose and my car is in surgery right now so it's not doing anything but looking pretty. Any idea what the demand for these things is and the price people are wanting to pay for them?

Guest Anonymous
This could be my excuse to take up fiberglass/cf work. :) I have a gnose and my car is in surgery right now so it's not doing anything but looking pretty. Any idea what the demand for these things is and the price people are wanting to pay for them?

I know it wouldnt be cheap to make, but at the same time, I think I speak for a lot of us when I say cheaper the better. BUT I'm also willing to pay more for quality work. I'm a cf nut though, so that may entice me more.

Guest the_dj

I know it wouldnt be cheap to make' date=' but at the same time, I think I speak for a lot of us when I say cheaper the better. BUT I'm also willing to pay more for quality work. I'm a cf nut though, so that may entice me more.[/quote']

Yes, but it also cost more so I think I'd make no more on that than fiber. :P

Guest Anonymous

I know it wouldnt be cheap to make' date=' but at the same time, I think I speak for a lot of us when I say cheaper the better. BUT I'm also willing to pay more for quality work. I'm a cf nut though, so that may entice me more.[/quote']

Yes, but it also cost more so I think I'd make no more on that than fiber. :P

I know it's probably impossible to do right now, but I think price ranges would be a good thing. I'm in no rush. My Z, much like a lot of other's on this board I'm sure, is a work in progress in my garage.

Guest the_dj
My Z, much like a lot of other's on this board I'm sure, is a work in progress in my garage.

Oh toooooo true. :lol:

I'll have to check to see if dad would help me in this potential endeavor. :) If I did do it...there's a whole bunch of things I need for my car regarding work and spare parts, so I'd surely be up for trades. :)

PLan on about $1500 in materials and setup/ waist materials... Les Heath went through an awefull lot of supplies only to throw all of them in the trash. Making a single, Large one-piece mold is the tricky parts... My guess is that is why Show Cars product is soooo bad... Not that the guy intended to do bad, and based on what I saw Les go through, The ShowCars part is probably pretty darned good for a single unit mold... Still not optimal for a Zcar though...

It won't be easy and if you are new to fiberglass, You might want to practice on something smaller...

Mike

Guest the_dj

Mine is the multi piece unit. If I made one, I'd make an exact copy. I don't know if it's 5 pieces, but I know it's at least 2 (it started to unbolt itself a couple months ago and I had to fix it) :shock:

edit: And I'd probably start by making a cup. Something small and pretty easy. Plus I'll probably get thirsty making something big. :lol:

DJ, THat is an excellent idea... And the 5 piece unit would be much easier to pull molds from... Mine was a one piece unit I drove to Atlanta to buy from a guy... Les Still has is somewhere... Love to get it back..

Mike :cry:

Guest the_dj

Mine seems to be 2 pieces. There is an upper piece with the flat part in front of the hood, the headlight buckets, and the very front lip as one piece. The lower piece is....the lower piece. :lol: The hood brackets are pretty simple. The only weird part is the springs...but I can always change them up a bit to use some generic hydraulics. :D

One thing that's always driven me nuts is you CAN'T clean inside the headlight buckets. Would anyone be interested in me sealing up the back where the headlights mount in order to keep the inside of the bucket clean? It'd use H4 style bulbs in an integrated housing, but it'd look the same and you'd never have to pull out the bulb just to clean inside the bucket. :) You could if you were ever forced to, but it'd sure keep it to a minimum. :) I'd also change up the mounting method a tad to keep the screws from stripping the fiberglass. Again, it'd look the same but the function would be MUCH more acceptable.

Guest Looking for apt in Alb Ny

Im all for a G nose. I see them once in a while on eBay. Who is making those.Are they of any good quality. Thanks Juan @ JSK

Oh I have to say is that I drove in a 350z today. Awsome I was thinking of getting one but I dont think I would have as much fun as I would in my 240z. I would never touch the 350z cause of how new it is. Have fun

• 2 weeks later...

This is just a heads-up about "Showcars" G-Nose. Be ready to do alot, and I mean alot, of finnishing work. Headlight areas need to be cut out, mounting holes need to be drilled, and you have to fabricate some additional support brackets.

It will work fine for my purposes, just don't expect a bolt-on item

Guest DATTO

man those headlight covers are so expensive...200 bucks each im not sure if they are still available but ill try calling around for them again. my gnose isnt a perfect kit but im not really picky on how it looks...mine is a 5 piece kit that i pulled at a junk yard. had 2 headlight buckets, the front panel, bottom valance and the bumper is also removeable. its all fiberglass. if interested u can see my car at http://www.geocities.com/coolin550/Oldschool_Racers.html its gunmetal with now a gold painted 8 point cage, 12 gal fuel cell, 2.9l n/a block turbo motor with a t3/t4 60-1 hifi stage 5 turbo. bought the watanabes from stony long time ago, 15x10 15x8.5 watanabes. have a good 4th of july

mike