HybridZ

Need help bad! Grumpy, whoever!!!

Well, as I sat removing the springs from my Dart I.E. heads I realized that the two heads have different springs!!! One has a MUCH stiffer spring than the other! I have contacted my Ebay friend who sold them to me and am trying to get identification. I do know that both sets are new and will handle the lift of my cam xs268s. They are both double springs and look to be quality. I really dont want to buy new springs. Should I...

a. Leave them the way they are

b. mix with stiff on exhaust

c. mix with stiff on intake

d. break down and buy new springs

a, b, or c would be the best! This really really sucks!!!

spring LOAD RATES MUST match the type of cam and lifters that your going to use! your choices are

(1)buy new springs that match the cam you will be useing.(luckly valve springs for normal flat tappet cams are cheap) look here,

http://www.parts123.com/PartFrame.asp?ZTM=cadefjgb&GHOME=www.mi dwestmotorsportsinc.com&TITLE=Midwest_Motorsport (type in valve spring in the search box then hit search)

(2) get the springs tested to see if they are within the load range suggested by the cam manufacturer of the cam your going to use.if they are use them, if they are not buy ones that are within spec.

(3)throw the springs on and use them the way they are knowing that if they are not within spec you will either wipe cam lobes and need to buy new springs and a new cam and rebuild the whole engine to remove all the ground away cam lobe metal, OR have springs that are weak and invite lower than normal valve float rpms.

(4) get the guy you bought the heads from to pay for the new springs(NOT LIKELY THAT WILL HAPPEN)

true/This really really sucks!!!

Well, I just got off the phone with the seller and he is going to be nice enough to help me with the cost of new springs. Problem is now, it seems that the valves are to different brand names as well. One is a standard manley the other is some sort of necked down swirl valve. I dont suppose it would hurt to not change them all out?

Will the problems never end!

As long as all of the intakes are the same,as well as the exhaust you won`t have a problem. Now if you had two different brands or styles of intake valves it could cause a difference in air flow.otherwise I wouldn`t worry about.

In short...I`d run em ;)