HybridZ

1jz 240z - my first outing in the UK! -pics

philUK

Guest empracing

zoom 26 was the first project z-philes mag has the brakes/wheels section.

And I have it and i think i have the whole series at least 26-31 32

i cant find the last couple but i have the dyno and rego issue at least

ask me anything hell i even got a double of 26 if your interested heres some pics

zoom1.jpg

zoom2.jpg

zoom3.jpg

zoom4.jpg

Wow!

it does look odd, but great, seeing my car in a mag like that, would love to get that copy of the first issue! I've got photocopies of the articles - but its nothing like the real thing!

Thanks for picking them out for me!

:2thumbs:

Hey Phil!

Tis I, Russ, from the Z club, I do the website :D

Mate your in Bristol, I'm in Taunton! Are you going to Billing this year???

Nice to see someone vaguely familiar here and doing their bit for the UK... which happens to be very sunny at the moment, 27 deg C or something silly!

I have the JTR manual but no Z yet but I'm looking to go the SBC route (unless I can get an R34 GTR lump and floorpan in somehow :twisted: ), I'd be interested to read more about your car if you have a link?

Cheers

Hi Russ!

Yeah definitely going to billing this year (the UKs big annual Jap car show). Hope to turn a few heads! :D

Glad your going for something a bit different too, are you looking for a 240z at the moment then, or you going to use your 260?

the website with some scans on is:

http://www.blkmgk.com

click on pictures then 1jz in 240z.

Must thank blkmgk for putting those up, what convinced me to get the car in the first place!!!! :-D:cheers::rockon:

• 4 weeks later...

philUK ............ you still in current Australian High Performance Imports magazine top ten........... the car has been there nearly a year now.... :shock:

hpimag.jpg

hpitable2.gif

Notice how there is 3 240Z all 3 with different engines…….. :lol:

Middle table………

Kewl! Please take many pics of th einstall on that car - the turbo and engine bay especially please :) I've got scanned copies of the Zoom mag up on my site if anyone wants to read the article - very nice stuff. My 2JZ recentyl dynoed 580RWHP on pump gas (some knock - I pushed it) so the 2JZ is certainly a good candidate too - especially in the states. The 1JZ is harder to get turbos for but it's supposed to also be good for well over 500RWHP if you can move enough air through it. Sick I tell y'a! Congrats on the purchase!

P.S. I too envy the rollbar on the otherpage. Had I seen that before the bar went in my Z I'd have one just like it - crawling over the side bar is a PITA! My Supra has swingouts and a bar above the rocker becasue of what I learned with the Z!

Cheers guys!!! :D

Thats some great pics and info, I'll have to see where I can get I copy of high performance imports, still not having much luck gettting the zoom articles though :(

I've got a few pics here

http://www.classiczcars.com/photopost/showgallery.php?thumb=1&cat=500&si=philuk&perpage=24&sort=2&stype=&ppuser=

but I shall be taking a few more no doubt.. anything in particular that ppl want to see?

The car just won 2nd best 240z in the yearly national/european japanese auto car show in the UK, was a big shock to me. Especially because there were some immaculate standard examples and L28 triple weber type setups. I think I was lucky since for the first time club members actually got to vote for their favourites, rather than club officials. Looks like people like to see the hybrids!

Just at the end of the day though an amazing L28 (bored to 2.9 - i think) twin turbo example showed up, it looked incredible and had been fully worked to produce a good 3-400 HP. just wish I had learnt more about it, as I hadn't heard of such a car in the UK before. Apperently it has taken him 13 years and and 14k UKP in parts alone.. looked worth it though!