HybridZ

1jz 240z - my first outing in the UK! -pics

philUK

Just got the car registered and on the road after a LONG journey from Australia. There happened to be a car show, so took it along, got a few strange looks I can tell you. :D

The car really needs a clean/polish after its trip, but thought you might like a preview... :-D

119-1933_IMG.jpg

119-1932_IMG.jpg

Guest macks

Whoa, that's the Z-Files car?

Very nice bit of gear, isn't it :)

How much $A did it end up going for, if you don't mind me asking...?

Guest Zachb55

yeah, i dunno, you sure yuour in the UK dude? cause that would be like the first time EVER i have seen blue sky over that country. Awesome car though, deserves blue skys forever and ever.... whats the 1/4 mile or, oops, i mean 400 time for that baby?

The ¼ mile for this fine piece of machinery is 12.5 @ 112mph …….. last recorded that I know of.

The car holds 5th spot in HIGH PERFORMACE IMPORTS magazine in Australia for the fastest 2400cc and over RWD jap car on street tyres.

……I got a feeling it will be going much quicker with some new after market turbos ……… :-D

BTW.... No.1 car is a RB26DETT 240Z ......... 11.7 @ 120mph.......(which recently gained another 70hp at the wheels)

Cheers guys!

very funny about the uk weather! :) trouble is its mostly true!

Cheers rpmz too, looks like you know more about the car than I do at the moment.. never knew about the High performance imports mag. have to see if they have a website!

Its true the engine is still stock really, new less restrictive dump pipe, turbos and injectors are next on the list!

who's is the RB26? and where does your car come on the list?

Still looking for the zoom mag article numbers if anyone has them? really want to get hold of the original mags!

philUK….. good news…. I got every issue of ZOOM with your car, so I can scan the pages and make them into pdf or jpeg files. Which one would you prefer???

High Performance Imports mag does not have a website as yet, but it’s under development. It will be under http://www.hpi.com.au

The top 10 list has changed recently as 3 new cars came into top 5, all 3 into 11s. However the RB26 240Z is still No.1.

My car should be in 5th place now with 12.12@117mph when the next issue comes out. I am the only SOHC car on the list. All others are DOHC cars or rotors.

The RB26 240Z belongs to friend of mine (Sinisha), which is a circuit car. He will going back to the strip soon as he just gained a lot more power recently.

Here are some pics of it.

k0.jpg

k2.jpg

k3.jpg

k4.jpg

k5.jpg

k6.jpg

man those cars are just beautiful.

im taking measurements on a tt supra driveline next week, doing my homework on them right now, a 100k supra tt just dynoed 300rwhp bone stock@10psi at my buddys dyno!!!

Wow is all I can say! you do have some great cars over there in oz. There is nothing like that in the UK at all!

I'd heard of sinishas car but not seen many pics, looks amazing, love that front strut brace.

Would be amazing to go to a show and see both your cars together - incredible cars :rockon:

RPMZ, as for the mags, there are some scans of the articles at blkmgk.com, there aren't the greatest quality though, but I know it would take you AGES to scan all the pages, so can't really ask you to do that.. If you have the issue numbers though I'll try and hunt down the original mags, through ebay or something!?!

shipping was kind of pricey - but because I got it classed as an 'historic vehicle' it did have to pay the standard 17.5% vat + 10% duty (counted against car + shipping!).. that would have killed the project. Basically I got the whole car over here and registered for the price of buying a good standard 240z over here.. Which I think is a bargain! It was the wait that was the hard part! :)

Haven't really had the opportunity to take the car to the limit yet. hopefully I'll be going on an airfield track day soon so I'll be able to appreciate it better. The couple of niggles I have are the fact that no tacho is hooked up as yet (will be getting an autometer one soon), and that if I let the clutch out slowly it'll slip. I have have to pop it quick to get it to stick.. only minor things really...

It definitely feels VERY quick though, comes on to power quicker than my previous 215bhp L28 240z.