HybridZ

New t3/t04E60 impressions

Doug71zt

Just got my 240 up and running again with a T3 .63 stage 3/T04E 60trim .60 A/R. I'm running a turbonetics/ford internal wastegate housing with a ported hole and a larger flapper. Mandrel bent SS 3 inch downpipe and exhaust, Magnaflow muffler. No boost creep that I can tell right now. I have a surge/stall sound when I get off the throttle which is new. I have a turbo XS BOV which I may loosen up to blow off a little easier. I got a Bell intercooler (bar and plate) 24x3x8 and made custom tanks. Seems to cool way better than the MkIII supra one that was there before. I'll tell you - at 15 psi this thing pulls HARD now. Seems to have a bit of a traction problem in the first couple gears - doesn't really break traction all together - you can feel the tires scrubbing the asphalt like on my bike. :lol::lol: Friday night - can't wait to go to test-n-tune with the drag radials. I'll let you know how it goes. Previous best was 12.9 @ 108 on the stock T3 with an open exhaust.

Guest the_dj

Sounds fun :) Do you have that whoosh sounding bov? :twisted:

Where did you get the wastegate housings and flappers? How much were they?

• 2 months later...

Drax - honestly I would look at a stage 5 turbine wheel instead of the stage 3. That would allow more flow with less chance of boost creep.I don't think that spool-up time would change very much. I'll tell you though, the 60 trim seems to be lots big. Another option would be a 60-1 wheel in the same housing. I had to increase the size of the WG hole to 1.25" to lessen the boost creep. Now it will stabilize at 15 psi. It makes a fair bit of power now - enough that there is not a lot of traction available on street tires even with the LSD.

The stage V does have one less blade but it is redesigned and it's more effiecient. You can also get Stage III blade in 10 blades like Stage V. I would go with 10 blade Stage III if you can get one. I'm happy with my older style 11blade stage III. The boost comes real smooth on the street. Unlike the stock turbine wheel which is instant tire burner :D

Drax - The spoolup on my turbo is quite good - stock turbo follows the right foot pretty well - this turbo is just a beat behind it. If you're at about 3.2K - there is no lag, below that, just a tick. It's real fun slamming it to the floor at 3K in second gear - one heartbeat and whooosh - no traction and bang - rev limiter. :twisted: I am interested to see how it works with the 3.0 L I'm building. Should be a little more sedate as there will be more airflow at the same boost pressure. There is an ISKY turbo cam going in at the same time, with a ported head. I ported the stock turbo manifold and I think that that helped the airflow a lot. There was a lot of cast iron on the floor when it was done. As for the turbo - if you are looking for autocross power - maybe a 50 trim compressor with a 10 blade stage III would be the hot ticket. Anyone else got an opinion?

Good luck - Doug