HybridZ

Stuff

Guest Anonymous

I am about your same height but I love the driving position of the Z. You don't sit on it, you sit in it! Who wants to sit on it? If you want to sit on a car, get a Mustang! Anyone who's ever driven one knows what I mean :roll: My prelude seats raise the position a good two or three inches and it really bothers me. I notice it mostly because with a smaller steering wheel the gauges are almost completely obscured. I want to get some Sparco Sprints and possibly a larger wheel to fix it. If you want to cruise, get a different car. Zs are for driving :mrgreen: Get that beast running and you'll see what I mean :mrgreen:

Oh Tom, don't do it. :( Stick with your first choice and raise the seat if that's what you want.

Initially I hated the low seating position because I couldn't even rest my arm out the door. I soon got used to it and now love the low position. Can't beat low centre of gravity for that extra fast perception.

I'm 6'4" and have been trying to figure out how to lower my seat! I have just adequate headroom but no room for a helmet. Seriously considering taking out the adjusting rails and just bolting the seat straight to the floor. My first car was a '49 Cadillac and I've been thrilled with the lower ride height of the Z. If you want a true go kart feel, try a Corvette.

Spirit - raise the seat with some spacers until you feel right. I drive with my arm on the window sill all the time in the "old-fashioned American way" - 'cept when I'm doing some serious shifting.

Spiirit, I have some suggestions:

1) Explore other seating positions. If you have been used to driving American Iron, you might be sitting closer than "normal" to the steering wheel. My impression has always been that the Z is designed for a more straight-armed driving position, not with the elbows crooked at 90 degrees like an early Mustang or Camaro. Raise the seat up a bit, angle the seat bun back, and give yourself some legroom. This position allows me to rest my arm on the windowsill, so that my hand can rest on the mirror. Just sticking my elbow out is still out of the question, though.

2) Make a convertible! I'm only partially kidding here. Z's with a chopped roof are damned sexy, if done right. That way you can install Talon seats, and not hit the roof even though they have a taller seating position. This way, you have the best of both worlds - tall seat AND a sexy car. :D