HybridZ

I HAVE MY JTR KIT!!!!!

:D I got it in the mail today. I have been reading posts here for over a year. Now I will soon have reason to access the vast resources that I have been so impressed with. All B. S. aside I read the posts in all areas religiously and I have been very impressed with the knowledge of the members and the willingness to share that knowledge. Thank you all for your help thus far. You guys are too cool. By the way, I have an extra JTR manual (seventh edition)now so if anyone is interested it yours for $25.00.

Guest jwelch

Greetings,

I will take the manual for $25 if you still have it. Good luck on your project. cheers.gif You can email me offline about the manual if you want. Thanks

Regards,

Seventh edition. The first difference I have notice in the revision is that they reference a radiator from a full size Chevy van with a 4.3 now as the best choice. There may be others, but I haven't read the whole book yet. You are right about the sawzall too. It looks like I will be using a cut off wheel to do the trans crossmember supports. I'm not sure how much of it to cut off on a 280 though. I'm about to do a post about that. Suggestions?

Noooo! No Sawzall fo rthose mounts. Get an air powered chisel. It will zip the spot welds right off and not damage anything if you do it right hail.gif I tried a Sawzall on my car - no way could I get it in there. Oh, wear earplugs with the air chisel - trust me on that smile.gif

Hey that radiator is on the mark. That's the one I'm using. Basicly the same as the Camaro except it comes with a petcock. I had to trim a few molding "ribs" off one tank to fit but no big deal. Used a 4" grinder. Took about 8 seconds.

I don't know what's up with you guys and your air chisels. I had no problem cutting them off with the sawzall. Zip, zip, gone. Got the right blade?

I had so much fun I whipped it on the rear floor as well!

fbs01r15f21.jpg