HybridZ

tranny locks up in R

snork

anybody know or have a 5 speed tranny for sale, or maybe a price range i gonna be looking at? every now an d then when i put my z in reverse, it would lock up/ clunk when i let the clutch out. today it locked up big time and wouldnt let me get into first gear until i managed to get the car moving in reverse. when it locked up, it was like it was stuck between first and reverse. bent fork maybe? there has been a few times i havent been nice to it when taking off, speed shifting, ect.

does your transmission pop out of gear on decelleration in any gear? if so it could be that you broke a detent pin off and it is just bouncing around in there and locking out gears every once in a while. i had this happen to me once when i was racing off at a set of lights.

My 5 speed tended to jam in reverse after hitting reverse accidently when down changing from 5th to 4th. Pulled the box apart and the gear teeth were burred. If the burring is not too bad it can be ground off with care, do this so that the teeth have a lead in angle on the engaging edge of the teeth.