HybridZ

what do you think of these FMIC's????

Guest ON3GO

Guest ON3GO

It looks like they are all big enough. My Spearco is not nearly as thick as some of those, and it works very well.

1. Looks great, but you need to get a total width measurement, it may be too wide.

2. How big is it?

3. It may be too wide. Get out your tape and see if 31" will work.

4. It is not as wide, but you have to run bends out the ends, and it may end up too wide as a result.

I don't like the first once since the inlets and outlets face the radiator, that would be a plumbing nightmare, unless you use some dramatic bends. Remember each MANDREL 90 is supposed to reduce flow by 3%.

I don't like the way the rest of them do the inlets and outlets either, they are more suited for crossflow heads, and a Z head is not that way. Yes you can make them work, but it would be much better to have a top to bottom style with the inlet and outlet on the same side, or a crossflow one with the inlet and outlets set up to facilitate the plumbing.

Putting the IC in there is a piece of cake, plumbing it is a royal PITA. You can easily spend 200 to 300 bucks on mandrel bends, silicon hose, and good clamps, not to mention what someone else would charge you to do it.

Guest ON3GO

so then what FMIC should i look into?

im trying to find something thats in my price range and also be able to hold/ make the power i want... 400rwhp..

budget is under 500 for the whole fmic including endtanks.

thanks