HybridZ

i'm on a budget any ideas?

CUBAN

my mom is going to give me 3000 dollars to restore my 1981 280zx non turbo and here is what i want on it:

turbo engine and trans

leather interior

big bore kit

black and sivler paint

what i need:

two rust free doors

and hatch

leather interior

im paying for the sound system

can you guys tell me places where i could get theses parts pretty cheap so i dont go over my budget

thanks

alex

well i dont really need the turbo engine and trans or the big bore kit, i was just going to get that for fun but everthing else is neccery but i could go with a vinal interior instead so would i be able to pull it off

thanks

alex

Guest 240hybrid

Funny....I think the exact opposite of you alex. The turbo motor and trans ARE the necessities :o , the rest can wait.

Anyways, I would look around at some junk yards for those seats and hatch and rust free doors. Also Ebay is a good place to get some of those items too, especially if you get it at a good "buy now" price.

Good luck finding your parts and patience is key in making a car the way you want it, unless you have $ falling out of your @$$, which I dont know many people that do.

Chase

Funny....I think the exact opposite of you alex. The turbo motor and trans ARE the necessities :o ' date=' the rest can wait.

Anyways, I would look around at some junk yards for those seats and hatch and rust free doors. Also Ebay is a good place to get some of those items too, especially if you get it at a good "buy now" price.

Good luck finding your parts and patience is key in making a car the way you want it, unless you have $ falling out of your @$$, which I dont know many people that do.

Chase[/quote']

well i think the turbo motor and trans are necessary too, but first i have to get my car running and get it all nice and how i want it before i drop in a turbo engine

thanks

alex

• 3 weeks later...

You should try to find a parts car. Pref. early (1981-1983) since there are more performance parts. i recently found a almost running turbo

1981 280ZX for $300. Also look in the nearest Pick n Pull or junk yard. The parts are cheap but for big stuff get the return policy.

For the big bore kit, look at Motorsport Auto (http://www.zcarparts.com). i think they have it for $1700 but i would get the bigger turbo for $600 instead.

The best place for the leather interior is JC Whitney, they should have a kit for your car.

For the paint i would go with Earl Shieb. Right now their top of the line paint job is only $299 (usually $599). If you want the paint to come out better you should prep the car in primer and sand it smooth yourself.

You wont get all the stuff you need in one day so be patient and dont buy stuff you dont need like shift knobs ect. Get the motor and tranny first.