HybridZ

Rear control arm help

Today I pulled out my 240z control arms and strut ass to put in some 280z units. But now I have problems, the angle is all wrong for the half shaft. Are the 240 and 280z not the same? I wanted the 280z for the stronger parts and my pass side 240z control arm is bad from when the tire came off.

Mike

the rear control arms are identical as far as I can tell the 240 arms even have provision for the sway bar, the strut tube is different as well as the upper strut mount you'll want to keep those as 240 parts unless you want to jack up the rear of your car by about 4 inches, and the halfshaft u-joints will bind thith the arms fully extended, not a problem up less you have your rear up off the ground

I took the top of the shock from the 240 and put it on the 280 shocks so the ride should be the same.

Hey Time what did you do for a rear sway bar? It looks like it would be hard with the R230.

Mike

place the 2 strut housings side by side before you put it in, you'll notice the 280 housing is taller so even at the same ride height you'd be preloading the strut, and you'll note that the spring perch is located a coupla inches higher than the on the 240 piece