HybridZ

I need some HELP shipping a car chance to earn some money...

ToplessZ

Hey guys would anyone be interested in hauling my new 240z from dallas area TX to Cincinatti area OH. I would be happy to pay someone to do it. The auto shippers want too much money becuase it isnt a runner :( Does anyone know of a cheap shipping company. Or would anyone here be willing to haul it. I was going to get it myself but I couldnt find anywhere to rent a truck from that had a hitch. Help anyone advice or info....

Well the head was taken off for a rebuild and the carbs may or may not need rebuilt. The uhaul smalles option available with a trailer was almost a grand not to mention the 250 dollar plane ticket If I had a truck I was looking at 300 for travel expenses and 100 to rent the trailer. I took the time off work and then my truck fell through and I couldnt rent one. So now I cant get off work for at least another month and still no truck. Grrr. Hope someone can help me out. If it were running I would fly down and get it in a few weeks as soon as I could get a day off work. Guess Ill have to play it by ear.

Guest Want aZ

Just use a Car Dolly, although you have to be a little careful but it would be easy as the Z is fairly light...I pulled an LTD from Atlanta to Mid-Missouri in about 11 hrs. Some 750 miles, and I did it with my little 92 S-10, although it does have a V6, but its the 2.8. Was able to maintain 70 on the flats, considerably less on the hills, and the clutch never complained once...IT CAN BE DONE.

Well the thing is I have nothing to pull a dolly with. NO truck and uhaul wont let you pull a car unless you have a truck or large car. The inspect the vehicle, hitch, and want to know what you are pulling. I was supposed to borrow a friends truck and that fell through. All I have is my little four banger altima with a slipping trans. Dont think I can pull anything with it. :(

I figured U-haul would be expensive but, I didn't think that much. If you were to fly down I'll let you work on the car at my house to get it running. Not sure if that would be an option but, it might help. I personally don't know a think about carbs but, how hard could they be? I ment that as a joke. Really I don't know a think about carbs but, I could help with getting the head on and all that junk. Air tools and a garage are nice.

Cody Do you have room to store a car. If you did maybe we could get a couple of us guys together and get it running and I could drive it back.

The car is actually located in addison. How far is that from you. Im looking for any options at this point. The only problem is the time off work.

Guest Your Car is Slow

haha...do it the easy way.

Go call up Budget/Dollar/thrifty whatever and find a pickup truck with an unlimited mileage option.

Slap a ball on the bumper....get a car dolly or trailer and yer off.

Done it many a time :)

Addison is not that far from me. About 20 to 30 miles depending on where in Addison your talking about. The only bad thing about that city is the congestion. It's in an upper end area of the Metroplex and for whatever reason the streets are small and theres lots of traffic. Ofcourse that doesn't mean a thing when your picking up your Z car for the first time.

I honestly wouldn't be able to store or let the car sit for more than a couple of days (week or so). Does it have an inspection and registration. That makes a difference. It would have to sit in front of the house for now. I already have one non running car in the back. If it's running and inspected and all that then it really shouldn't be that big of a deal I guess. If it's non running and does not have upto date tags then the police will tag it.

Nope as mentioned earlier it is a non runner. It is 990 miles one way. Map quest said about 15 hours. Ive never been to the area before so I dont know much about it. The only place to rent a car dolly that can go out of state is Uhaul. It is 108 dollars for five days. The car rental places dont want to let me rent because Im not quite 21 :( month and a half to go there. All the car rental places say they do not allow any towing of vehicles. Id be kinda worried about the bumper pulling 2500 lbs. And uhaul wont let you rent a dolley without a real hitch that thy inspect. The 800 for shipping is a little steep right now. I did have this trip all planned out and it fell through 2 days before I was to leave not cool. I asked everywhere and everybody if I could borrow or rent a truck and turned up nothing. I took 2 vacation days for nothing too boot. This is all leaving me kinda bummed... I did have a non runner shipped here last year from cali for 750 but it was a luck thing. I was hoping to do it all myself and get it done for about 500 bucks. So now im just trying to get the car out of the guys way and see what my best options are....any ideas guys?

I had replied to your other post about this. I didn't see this post yet.

I am willing to help store the Z. I have a place to keep it that is lit and gated at night, after business hours and someone is always able to watch it during normal business hours. Inspection, tags, doesn't matter. And if you don't come get it for 5 months it will look just right next to my boss' bronco which has been sitting for more then 5 years! After 6 months you can just sign it over to me :D

We would just need to get it from addison to almost Ft.Worth, but I have a truck and access to a car hauler. I think I could go get it this weekend. Come on, tell me you love me :?

Email me if interested.

rent a uhaul that will fit the Z inside. Build ramps and have some people help push it in. Uhaul doesn/t care what goes inside as long as it is returned clean. The Z is light anyway. It saves the rental of the dolley too. Plus you can usually barder down the price on truck rentals by calling around and playing one company against the other. Plus location matters. Ask what is the cheapest location to rent from. It is probably away from a city in the boonies but the price diff can mean night and day. I knew someone whod did this and rented a 28 foot uhaul for 800$ one way from Seattle to New York. Good luck and happy hunting.