HybridZ

Dashboard, quick question?

Jonas240z

:o Hello guys! I'm just wondering if any of you know where I can get a replacement dashboard for a Datsun 240z ('73)...I just hate having that plastic cover ontop of the original one. Any help would be appreciated, Thanks!! :P

-----Jonas-----

• 2 months later...
Guest Iceickle
Got my dashboard and centre console back from Dash Board Restorations n Australia. It is perfect. Not inexpensive at US$600 for all work plus shipping and customs but it is better than new.

Why restore it for US$600 when you can buy a new one in Aus for AUS$250?

Guest burt280zx

im in the process of repairing my dash. As someone else had mentioned about bondo and truck bed liner is what im doin. Im almost finished, i have one one coat left to do. I used my dremel tool and took out the high spots from the cracks and filled them in with bondo and then sanded them smooth and level. Then rolled on some hurculiner bed liner, its looking great, nice and glossy!

I have one problem though, i bought some autometer gauges and mounting them in the original gauges pods has pondered me.( 280zx)

i took out the old gauges and the new ones with fit in the plastic pod that are in the holes but they wont like stay in there firm. i dunno any suggestions would be appreciated.

Burt, there are several threads dealing with this very topic. A search will reveal those :-D

Some of the various meathods have been to: wrap tape around the gauge, use velcro, use silicone, use double sticky sided mounting foam (for pictures, etc?), and so on. A little bit of ingenuity and you'll get there :wink:

Davy