HybridZ

LS1 / T56 UPdate #25 - Dyno Results

Cyrus spurred me on. Put the car on the dyno today. Results were 311 RWHP and 326 lb-ft of torque. I have headers but a single 2.5" exhaust.

NOt quite as much as I had hoped for but in the target range I expected. I will post the graphs in my album later.

Actually it's dual 2.5" to a Y collector behind the transmission. Was going to run a 3" from there but didn't fit right so said to heck with it and choked down to the single 2.5" for the last 3-4'. In retrospect probably should have run dual side-by-side 2.5" all the way to a single 4" muffler.

Live and learn.

I built my exhaust for my LT1 and I went with 2.5 from the headers into a flowmaster Y and then into one 3" out the back. The 3" fits just fine on the Z-car, I had more room this time around with the R230 and new diff mount. But 311rwhp is good. My first 280Z had about the same HP and would run 12.4@112mph this was with a 2720# weight. I would like to see some track times.

mike

I've been wanting to see some track times aswell. I think he maybe worried of breaking something. :?

Come on now Phantom, I know your not scared of that. Lets go to Ennis. I would love to see you spank some stangs. Maybe some hondas like I did, but I'm sure you'll run much faster times. You know if you don't, I Will give you a hard time.

I'll even drive my 2k blazer sport down there and I'll bet I'll beat my Z's time, And some Hondas. :D

You just got to love the LS1. Using a 1/4 mile hp calulator and my time sheet from last Friday my car is making 318 RWHP. I have been putting my car on a serious diet. Last Friday it weight in at 2875 lb's with me in the car. Since then I have found 185 lb's that I have, or can remove for race nights. Surely this will get me into the 11's. Also I moved the battery to the rear of the car for a little more traction. Maybe we can all go to Ennis for the next Ulitamate street night July 25. Nice numbers by the way, did they do any tunning while it was on the dyno? If not their ar still a few more ponies to be had. :D

No tuning done on the car - just wanted to benchmark where it is. July 25th sounds like it could be fun - if I have the car. I'm trying to get it back into the shop to fix headers, AC & tranny that week and, if I can, it will be off the streets for about a month.

Spot - you're right - I'm worried about breaking the car. Haven't had it long enough yet to get fully comfortable with everything. Also - with my gearing if I actually get a good launch I may need to be able to shift to 5th at the end of the run and I can't do that right now - unless I want to wait for engine to wind down to 1,000 RPM first. Don't think that would help much.

By the way - my car will be weighing in around 3,050 with me in it.