HybridZ

i wreaked my 78 280 a while back (tramatizing time) but now everthing is fixed except for a little bit of postive? camber, it wearing real bad on the outside of the right front tire. i was wondering if there is any way that i can fix this without buying adjustible camber plates or any other real money eating part

thanks

Justin Morrow

speedstylez78@yahoo.com

You could try a new front cross member and right control arm, but I doubt that would fix it. There is the relocation of the front control arm pivot point, which in most cases would fix it, but if your unable to fix it with this mod, then I would think Camber plates would be the only way to go.

Should be the exact same parts. The cross member I have on my early 260Z is actually from a '78 280Z. Comparing the 2, they were identical and my original front control arms fit without any problem. From what I've seen '70 to atleast '78 have the same front crossmember and control arms. It's the spindles, hats and strut tubes that changed throughout those years.

There are acouple good write ups on the front control arm inner pivot point relocation. It is mainly used to help remedy bump steer(your search topic) on lowered Z's. I don't see why it couldn't be used to fix your problem. If this is done you wouldn't need to replace the control arm unless it is bent. You can interchange the sides they go on, just like the rear control arms. It's the bushing that determines which side it goes on.