HybridZ

ok who has broken an afm?

scottyMIz

well i'm one who has now,I was coming home from a friends getting on the old girl in first and shift to second and the car almost stalls?I pull in to the nearest driveway and pop the hood.Looking around for a wire that fell off or something then i thought the afm i bet i broke the swing door.I took it all apart and sure enuf i broke half the door off at the bottom :shock: To get me home i loosened up the spring and it got me home ran smooth at idle but about 1/4 throttle it would bog you had to keep it about 1/2 throttle to go anywhere full throttle and the car would stall.The rubber stoppers had worn out on the afm so it was banging metal to metal and finally let loose.I got another one on ther and it actually runs smoother idles smoother cuz the door is propped open bu the rubber bumpers so it lets more air thru.Kinda glad i found that out now i can tune it more. :D

• 3 weeks later...
Guest zpeedracer25

My AFM stuck half way open on me during an autocross. It wasn't very happy at wide open throttle and it died when I let off the gas. Mine is hard to get to track side so I missed my last two runs...doh! :cry:

I can't wait til i get that haltech from owen i hate the stock efi it's just too maxxed out on my car.I have to figure out now why the stupid a/f meter drops out when you push the pedal just right.I dunno what it is but it seems like the ecu is telling the voltage to drop on the o2 line.