Guest zigzag

hERE IS MY SETUP:

npr intercooler not install yet.

60mm tb not installed yet

bov... not installed yet

planning on getting a t3/t40e

i plan on installing everything in at once

so a stock 280zxt 1982 right now

Well i be able to use these injector on a stock ecu??? if not what do you recommend?

thanks

I've been where you are now. If I had to do it again I would simply use SleeperZ's idea and go for a bypass pipe around the afm that increases the air flow to the manifold the same amount as the new injectors are larger. 370cc injectors are about 35 percent larger. Measure the area at the afm opening and increase it by 35 percent with a bypass pipe. I've done the "tighten the spring in the afm" and it's difficult to get right without a dyno or wideband. And upgrade your fuel pump. The stocker isn't good with the bigger injectors.

Bernard

83 turbo

86 "Romtuned"ECCS

Just slapping 370cc/min injectors in there will make it run really rich, especially at idle. If you want to retain the stock electronics, a better thing to do would be to add an EIC (extra injector controller) form SDS (http://www.sdsefi.com).

Add two 370cc/min injectors upstream of the TB (for better fuel ditribution), and you have just added about 90HP of capacity to you fuel system. You may or may not need to upgrade you pump. The EIC will only enable the additional injectors when manifold pressure goes positive. That way you will retain your idle quality, and fuel economy when not boosting.

Pete

hey bernardd, so that would mean the cai side rite? do i replace that whole pipe with a 35% larger one? or wut do u mean by the bypass pipe.

so are you saying i can just go onto a dynotune with my afm open and just tune my car like that? will that work? will this way be good for idle and overall curve

thanks

-van

Add a pipe that goes from before the afm and bring it back to the intake after the maf and before the turbo. You'll probably have to cut the rubber boot behind the afm and add a pipe to accomplish this. Go to Autospeed.com and do a search for Larger injectors. They have some other ideas and photo's.

Zya's idea would be easier to work with and probably give you a better result.

Bernard

• 2 months later...