HybridZ

Going to dragstrip on friday, any 1/4 mile predictions?

Guest scottjuly79

My take on a two step boost controller: First gear, or even second, I can't make full boost anyway, so it's pointless. My issue is either blowing the tires loose, or bogging, right at the line. My boost comes on smoothly enough that once I have traction, I don't usually lose it again.

For the two stage boost controller you can get a WOT switch. Leave the line at maybe 3/4 throttle till you get traction at low boost then go wide open and you automatically switch to your high boost setting. You don't have to worry about manually fliping any switches.

Well, I'm glad I made no predictions...for myself anyway. ;) I just got back, and I finally tried to lauch the car like I just stole it...lo and behold, my clutch slips like crazy. The same Centerforce II that has served me well for 4 seasons of babying. Soooo, if I want to get myself a 12, I gotta replace the clutch. I'm going to stick my used CM unit in, hopefully I can get that elusive 12. BTW, I set a new trap speed record. 110 mph!!!

Guest bastaad525

kinda OT but since everyone is talking about clutches, does anyone have an idea how long/how many miles the ACT six puck clutches are good for? I've put about 30k miles on the one I have and just wondering if I should start budgeting for a new clutch with my turbo swap.