HybridZ

FeedBack on "Sun Hyper Ground Wires"

slownrusty

Anyone on here installed these wires on their AE86 or even any other car and notice a difference. Every single magazine and tech article praises this product - so it has me wondering - I am willing to try it on my AE86.

The latest Import Tuner (I think) installed a set on a 1992 Eclipse Turbo and picked up something like 4-5wheel hp and the same torque - which is VERY impressive for a $100 product.

In principal it makes sense as our cars are full of EFI electronics and with electricity the two most important factors are the (12V) hot wire and the ground, so improving the ground has to have a positive effect on the car. When there is a problem with how a fuel injected car runs, the first mechanics check or you are told to check, is if the car is getting a good ground - so I am thinking this has to be a decent product? Makes sense?

I cannot see carburettor cars benefitting to the same degree.

products.jpg

terminal_clamp.gif

Regards- Yasin

Guest greimann

My built-in B.S. meter started to twitch after looking at the web site. First of all, the graph showing conductivity is unitless. What are they comparing? The ociliscope graps is too small to see any meaningful data, and if you could, what is it you are actually seeing? Spark energy?

The dyno graph shows a 5 hp difference, but they offer little else on how the test was conducted and if any other influnces were accounted for that could boost horsepower, like temperature or air filter. 5hp is also probably within the realm of error if nothing was changed at all.

And guess what, you already have copper wires grounding your electronics to the body, and a big copper ground strap from the battery to the body. The entire body of the car is about a large a conductor you can immagine. How can snaking wires all over improve the current capacity that a car body can carry?

If you were to just clean every ground connector you have with a wire brush, you will be acheiving the best conductivity possible .

These kinds of products are just an attempt to separate you from your money.

it's a load of crap, because your chassis is the ground, and you already have a ton of wires running through it. If anything, you might get a hotter spark, which i still think is BS, but definitely not worth any extra power. especially not for 100 bucks.

if you're interested, i got some redline blinker fluid for sale :D

i dont know if it got me any hp, but i run a version of that kit i got off a silvia, but mine is from a company called EARTHING.

basically i double grounded all of the efi grounds from teh manifold to the block, to a motor mount, to the battery, and around thhe other side of the car to the frame rail. i tested each before and after with an ohmeter and found that yes, VERY VERY little has changed in terms of voltage, but the car runs better now. I figure the same way you would share power from the battery to a million spots on the car, you can share ground, and plus, i dont have to worry about my eight thousand electrical add ons going out because of ground, because everything from the fuel pump to the harness to the electric fan is grounded a minimum of two times with 10ga and 8ga wire!!!!

BUT I DIDNT HAVE TO PAY 100.00 for it, THATS NUTS

Guest gtmattz

lol yeah, $100 for a bit of heavy gauge wire and ends?? come on, you can get the same from radio shack for a fraction of the price