HybridZ

fjo????

fl327

currently shopping around and reading up on standalones, and the fjo setup completely amazes me, with all that military technology and stuff built in, with a GPS option and modem add on that you can send fuel and timing maps to your pit team, or to your buddies tuning shop ??? wondering if anyone had any experience and could throw down some feedback. also looking at haltec and playing with the download programs to see if it might be for me as well. was looking at sds, that option is out since i cant use my laptop with it.

Guest jt240z

I'm using the Haltech E6K right now and have had some great results. Easy to tune, lots of features and can control just about everything you can think of. If you're really into serious fun, the E11 should provide you with even more options. The E11 gives you full sequential injection along with true direct fire ignition on a 6 cylinder. Can you say Haltech controlled RB26DETT? :twisted: With that, the options are endless. Of course both ECU's have closed loop O2 and the standard PWM output controls like Boost control solenoid, Idle air, Electric fan, Turbo timer ect. The spare inputs can read a trim POT for adjustments to things like Boost, Fuel, Ignition or even read the output of an O2 sensor.

And don't forget the data logging.

Seems like a lot of ECU for the money and a lot of people are using it. The one down side that I've seen is that warranty service is from Australia. This makes is a bit inconvenient to send a unit back for repair.

i may have to go with a standalone, thats for sure, ive added up:

msd 6al box with boost retard

electric boost control

aic

i could go haltec for the price of installing and buying all three.

i am a pretty picky shopper, but i know the haltec stuff is good though.

im astounded by that fjo though.

This is the first time I've seen that fjo system. Looks pretty impressive. I wonder if you can do two way telemetry with their wireless modem option. That would be great for a track day as long as you have someone who knows what they are doing uploading the data :bonk:

• 3 months later...

Was just hanging out with my buddy dynoing turbo 240z, and saw this post jump back up. The modem part would be awesome, being able to send your last fuel/ign map back out to a tuner shop and having corrected data sent back and programmed into your ecu between runs, thats hardcore I think.

he didnt have fjo, buddy was running the new Haltec E6X.

I didnt get to see it since I had to leave early, I did get to see him tune for idle and vac cruising. I expect around 340rwhp, he previously dynoed 260hp 290ft@10psi on small hybrid with stock fuel system, on a 8.9-1cr L28et. With the haltec he went with 370cc inj and hes currently tuning for 14psi, and hes pretty diligent so 340 and maybe 350 wheels out of his setup.