HybridZ

Q' about a body kit install...

JKDGabe

You have my sympathy. I had the same problem, so I guess you have my empathy too. If they're as bad as the two sets I returned to MSA, forget about the tape. I eventually gave up on the side skirts, the guy that did my bodywork is a perfectionist and wouldn't install them if they were going to be under that much torsion. I ended up with some urethane side skirts. They're not as custom looking, but they are much easier than the "easily installed and painted" fiberglass MSA skirts. Hope the heat trick works for you.

Yeah, the rivet idea would work if it wasn't so far off. It previously had screws but I don't like the thought of putting screws into my sheetmetal... I just patched the trim holes! I don't have a heat gun and the blowtorch scares me :shock: so think I'll leave 'em off.

Anybody wanna buy a pair of side skirts? :D

you might try using automotive double-sided tape which is used for side mouldings. Very tenacious adhesion - so you'll need to very accurate when positioning the part. Also' date=' note that if you need to remove the part - you will have difficult time removing it.

RacerX[/quote']

Are you refering to a 3M type products? RacerX. I went to there web site and was checking out there DST (Double Sided Tape). But also just found this too, do you have a word on this product? Duramix http://www.3m.com/us/auto_marine_aero/aad/prod_lines/duramix/duramix.jhtml

I just picked up a MSA kit, and have been pondering the best way to attach it.

Thanks

Thanks for your insight, RacerX. Below is charactics of the adhesive they (3M) suggested, to me via e-mail. You made a valid point how will I hold it in place? I guess small sheetmeatal screws would work, if out of sight.

Characteristics Bonding Time Range 30 Minute

Container Volume 6 Fluid Ounce (US)

Cure or Dry Time 4 Hour

Work Time 10 Minute

Thanks again :wink: