HybridZ

Need urgent help. (early trans Q's)

Sparky

well,

after searching the archives in both Zcar.com and here. I still have yet to find the info I need. Im dropping the engine in my 240 tomarrow. im using the late 4-speed, with a L24 and the smaller flywheel. the problem im having, is i have TWO very different throwout bearing collars:

collar.jpg

BOTH of these collars came off 4speeds, The only diff i can think of, is that one of those was an early 4speed and the other a late 4speed.

something else im thinking , is that the trans that was in the car (but missing the motor) was using the L28 with the larger flywheel but the late 4-speed.

SOOOO, to make a long question short, which one do i use!

argh, I should have payed attention when i drop the trans off the running series one engine combo! D'OH

thanks for any help, im getting the flywheel resurfaced tomarrow morning, and im going to have him put the new bearing on the collar, I sure want to get this done right the first time!

The lower one on the right looks like the one on my 5 speed. It also looks to be larger in diameter which may indicate that each suits a different pressure plate. Other than that can't help further, we in Ozland don't have 4 speeds. :)