HybridZ

Fresh new tires, just in time for solo II...

My new 225/50/16 Yokohama AVS ES100's came in today, just in time for autocross this weekend! They're sitting in my office stacked up behind me...all the software people were giving me wierd looks - you'd think they'd be used to it by now.

I get worked every time I look around and see them, all nice and rubbery smelling, ready to kick some ass...and then I remember that my wheels are STILL IN F****ING JAPAN AND WON'T GET HERE FOR AT LEAST ANOTHER WEEK AND A HALF! DAMN IT!

(They were supposed to be delivered to MSA Friday, and in my office tomorrow at the latest.)

Oh well, no use crying over late wheels. But the tires look so enticing sitting here, brand new tread, soft rubber.

DAMN.

My work is used to receiving all kind of stuff for me. My most recent was tires as well it was a brand new set of Kumho Victoracers. They were all cracking up as I was drooling over my new rubber. I had never run race rubber before, damn what a difference.

While these are still street tires, I am looking forward to a big difference. Currently I have 185/60/14 stock honda tires on alloy rims. Hey, they were almost free, what can I say. Of course, now that I am back to stock height, the car will be 2 inches higher off the ground and the wheels will be harder to turn. So I'm technically raising the car and making it slower. :)