HybridZ

Idea for installing Honda S2000 VTEC motor into a Z...

Guest DaneL24

I'd still like to do a 4G63/4G64 hybrid in a 240Z...You'd have alot more rpm than a L24 but about the same torque output.

Nice motor but the little known 3SGTE from Toyota would be ideal in a 2600lb rwd car like the Z. They came in different gens ranging from 190 to 260hp and can handle 400hp on a stock bottom end while still being reliable. JTCC Supras in Japan ran them a while back opposed to the 2JZ because they are smaller/lighter and can be placed further back in the engine bay to afford a better weight distribution but still make as much reliable power as the straight six.

0108scc_comptech10_zoom.gif

the power increase isnt very impressive until about 6k rpm. this unit is also only running 6psi for a 100hp gain. why not just turbo it? the power would come on no later with a turbo in this case. plus the turbo is more efficient due to no parisitic loss. seems like the sc does well and isnt designed for low end tq like most blowers. I still think a turbo would be a better choice but the sc did suprise me quite a bit.