HybridZ

Hello, all,

This is my first post so please excuse lapses in etiquette, etc.

I have a '73 240 with SBC and stock rear end from which disturbing noises are issuing.

I have the oportunity to acquire a 76 Z parts car cheap, and so am contemplating the rear end change.

My question for you kind gurus is: Is it (a) relatively easy (ie bolt-in without modification) and (B) adviseable to swap the entire rear suspension, hub-to-hub, as opposed to the diff. only?

My SBC mod., by the way, is the old Scarab type, which I will retain until I get this darn thing working well, then change to Jtr or other more weight- distribution-friendly setup at a later time.

Thanks for any help.

phil 1934, thanks for your response. The picture in my old Haynes manual looked like I would be removing bolts from only the moustache bar, rear link mount braces, front link mount member, and the strut towers (and of course the brake lines and emerg. brake cable). Am I incorrect?

Again, thanks for the info.

Forrest

Well, I pulled the 200r diff; now, the instructions on the goecities website suggest replacing the side seals on the diff. Any comments on this procedure, like, is it doable for a very backyard mechanic? Any references for procedure like the great Geocities site? Also, how about the same for the front seal?

Thanks. Forrest