HybridZ

RB26 240Z CONVERSION OIL PAN NEEDED.

RB26240Z

Guest Anonymous

I'm just guessing, as I don't know exactly what "oil pan" (I think thats the same as what we call a "Sump") you need for this, bt in Australia we got a SOHC 3 litre, rwd RB called an RB30E/ET, which would more than likely have the shape of pan you want. There would be 10s if not 100s of thousands of R31 skylines, nissan patrols, and Holden VL commodores that had that engine, so a rwd sump should be easy to come by from australia. I don't know if you'd be able to use the oil pickup etc , but that may helpyou too if it will all bolt up.

I'm not 100% sure the RB30 has the same oilpan bolt pattern etc, but somebody will know.

Hope that helps mate,

cheers,

Floody

the pan needs to be a rear sump pan. the rb30s in teh skylines will be the same as the ones in japan.... front sump. the oil pan you need is from a 200zr 300z... it had a rb20 with a rear sump. this pan is not bolt on though it needs to be modded to clear the girdle and you will need a custom oil pickup. the other option is brad in this forum has fabbed up a custom aluminum oil pan that from what i hear works great

Guest Anonymous

Good work Stony!

I'm considering sticking my RB30 and 5 speed into a 240z/260z 2 seater (Skyline needs some body work and it is proving hard to get parts), so that helps me out too. There are a fair few rb30e/et , rb20, rb25 powered zeds out here in the colonies though, surely they aren't all running custom or 200zr pans?

cheers!

Guest Anonymous

Sorry, I missed that I hadn't logged in there!

So the RB30 oil pan is no good?or would it just mean the motor had to sit a bit higher? Bugger!

Ahh well, if they do turn out to be useable, contact me and I'll source them and send them stateside.

cheers,

floody

Guest Rb30zX

I to am putting an rb30 into my 280zx and like all before had to mod the sump to fit its just a fact of life lol,iam told thou that a 1988 t0 1993 nissan pertrol 4+4 has the right sump for the job but its big.What i did was cut the sump rail of got a 210 skyline sump wich has a front sump and lays the right way and put them both togetter looks good to if i say so myself lmao :D there is a mob in victora that makes them for about $500 car'nt think of the of hand but if any one interseted ill find out the name, cheers