HybridZ

fiberglass front

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

im looking for a one piece fiberglass tilt front end for my 280z i was hoping that you would have information on were to get one or people to

conntact i have been on the serch for one for days and hav not found

any thing close

please send any information

thank you

I have absolutely no intention of trashing MAS or anything, but know what you are getting with that front end. I have one, and I am sure it is great for a race application, but if you want to make it look good for the street, or especially show, it is going to cost you a lot more than you pay for the part. It is designed as a race part I suppose, but it seems to be a fairly quick and dirty splash of a car, some parts of it look great, other parts do not. Examples are the corners at the a pillars are not complete, just a quick round off, and the fender does not seem dimensionally accurate, plus the bottom is not complete, so the fender does not completely cover the rocker, much less reach the flange / bolt area.

Like I said, ligtweight probably a great race part, but for street use and looking good, you are in for a lot of work.

Jason

I have the old Arizona Z Car 1-piece on my car.

I HAD to have it because I liked the "gill" vents behind the front wheels in addition to being fascinated with the idea of a lightweight piece easily removed for access.

When I received the front end and looked it over, I almost sent it back - Paper - thin, poor fit, real piece of $hit.

Several months of spare time later I had reinforced the basic structure with a couple more layers of glass cloth, bonded in some fiberglass headlight buckets, bracing, and flares, whopped off large pieces that didn't fit to remold them and built hinges to mount it to the car.

The result is a fit that's not perfect, but half decent looking. The wheel arches are different shapes side to side, but hey, you can't see both at the same time, right? I think Enzo Ferrari said that about his early hand made cars. Looking at the overall shape, it looks incorrect (not bad, just different) for a Z's front end.

I don't think I would do this again - Probably merciful that ole Dave at AZC stopped making them - Didn't realize how big a project it woud be but it sort of took on a life of its own - sort of like a few other things did LOL.