HybridZ

4 wheel Vette disc's on Z.....

Hey guys, almost done with my brake swap, all i got left is some brake line work. Here's some pics:

http://www.geocities.com/datsun260zt/pics.html

Specs:

vette calipers

billit hubs

SFZ/280zx rotors

performance friction pads

Swain coating

custom mounting brackets

weight wise i cut 20 lbs off the front brakes and who knows how much off the rear.

This setup wasn't desgined by me i bought it from Al moore and am mouting it one my car. Lemme know what you guys think. i haven't felt the stopping power yet because im not finished with all the lines..... but i have confidence ; )

...weight wise i cut 20 lbs off the front brakes and who knows how much off the rear...

Wow--that totally made a difference on the unsprung weight of your car. I'd love to see some stats on what just the weight savings alone will do for handling over a variety of surfaces. As for Vette brakes--you must have it all, huh? :D

Davy

Hey guys thanks for the comments.

I still havent had a chance to try them out because i was outta town, hopefully monday i will be able to finish plumbing in my proprtioning vavles and my line-lock.

as for the money. i got a really good price on them because the guy i bought them from was updating to corvete C5 brakes on his turboZ (13in). I know he mentioned the hubs were $1,000. The calipers are stock 87 vette's with swain coating's and Performance friction pads, the rear rotors are stock 280zx but lightened.

I am also using 2 willwood proportioning valves one for the front and one for the rear so i can rid the car of the stock datsun unions and proportioning vavles. Also for the parking brake im using a moroso line lock. I will do a write up hopefully on the proportioning valves because so many guys are going to rear discs.

-Austin