HybridZ

240 styling for 280

http://www.zcarparts.com/store/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=50-1409&Category_Code=7AD1

this will fit on all zs 70-78. I have seen 280zs with this air dam and I thought it was a 240 till i looked at the dash and the rear lights...

then for the back maybe this http://www.zcarparts.com/store/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=50-1473&Category_Code=7RS

It says 160 pounds but I can pick mine up with one finger

Guest 280ZXT83

will that work on the 280zx (82 or 83). It didn't appear to, nor did it appear that there were any offered there that did. Do you know of any?

Guest 280ZXT83

Yeah, I saw that one out there, but I was looking for one that gives more of that 240 "open" look to it. Take a look at the link that was first given at the beginning of this topic, and you'll see what I mean. I may just have to make my own. Thanks for getting back so quick.

JP

Guest ON3GO

well you can put a 240Z MSA air dam on the 280Z. then you just have to use the 240Z turn signals... thats what im doing.

im also putting on the thin Euro bumpers on my 280Z. and also the 240Z rear tail lights and panel.

ON3GO,

Could you tell me more about the MSA Air Dam? I tried to find a web page but was having no luck. Also which turn signals are you replacing? The tail lights? When I first started this thread I was actually looking for info on those thin bumpers you described. Any info on those would be greetly appreciated.

Thanks!

90%of r&d on my 240z bumper on 280z is done, just have to see about mass production. I almost have my front bumper fitting tighter than a 70

on my 75, having some alignment issues, nothing major though.

rear bumper brackets will have to wait until september, but i did some mockup testing of the rear brackets protos i have up so far, and they are gonna be NICE...

early to mid september, they will be done. main thing is getting enough time to work on them, fronts are almost done, makes a 280 like a foot shorter or something like that.

rears look like i can knock out a prototype in a day or so, have a rusty rear bumper ill be using to line it up, but i have to get time to drop the tank and get those struts out!

im using a 240z bumper, not sure on the year

rear one is 240z bumper as well, with an overider i dont think i like too much.

front is pretty shiny.

i will probably be looking for a clean rear bumper, dark colored cars really love that chrome!!!

next month, i will have sets available, i have 32 interested parties, i really gotta get them out!

look in photos 75-80 or so, photos are there, i found them on someone elses site! these are from z by the bay show here in bay area, which makes me feel good since ive found at least three sites with photos of me car and it was parked in the back parking lot!!!!1!

http://www.imagestation.com/member/join_signin_prompt.html?album_id=4289506701&bnak=1&rf=album&ru=%2Falbum%2F%3Fid%3D4289506701

Nice Ride!! The black one right? The bumper looks great. I currently have some custom bumpers on my 75 280 that look like s@#$ So..... you now have 33 interested parties. Please keep me informed. Late september is my B-day so I can't think of a better present for myself. What air dam do you have? Where can I get one ? Is it this one?

http://www.zcarparts.com/store/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=50-1409&Category_Code=7AD1

yes, black car.

not sure which spoiler i have, i bought it used. its a urethane one with holes, which i think is ok, but i may switch to fiberglass and no holes, i dont know, just preference speaking.

its a 75 280z as well! take a closer look at the grill and see whats missing...

I got a set of 260z bumpers last night. I pulled up in my car to pick up a friend and his buddy said" Heyis that a 260? I just threw out a bunch of parts for a 260" I said "when" he said "about two hours ago"....so away we went...... and there they were sitting at the curb waiting for the garbage man!!! Some things were ment to be. Cant wait to put 'em on!!!!