HybridZ

r230 front mounts

Guest 3154tm

Guest 3154tm

went to replace the front mounts on the r230 i got at my local auto recycler. after calling around the best price i could find was $150 for the 3 rubber parts on each side. that's more than i paid for the diff. anyone know a good (cheap) place to buy these. thanks.

frank

Guest 3154tm

sean, thanks for the picture. nice looking mount. looks like it still requires the original bushings and stoppers in the ears on the front of the diff to mate up with the mount. maybe i don't understand how this mount is supposed to work.

With the R230 what shafts are you using? I take it the R200 driveshaft I have wouldn't bolt up - longer diff too? I have high hopes my ZXT CVs will work out but if not it's either R230 or 'Vette rear end. Anyone doing a "kit" for the R230 yet?

i am using shortened shafts that mark gave me. i havent installed the r230 yet because i still need the adapter that connects the halfshaft to the companion flange.

zcarnut said:

Passing note here: The R200 input flange will work on the R230 diff (same spline count). Just unbolt the pinion flange nut and swap. Swap the sheet metal shield (collar) for the input grease seal as well.

Sounds like you could use your r200 driveshaft....just would need to make the driveshaft longer since the r230 is shorter than the r200.

As for a kit....not yet

Sean

Guest 3154tm

bought the bushing set from Energy Suspension for the R230. wouldn't fit.

turns out that the Q45 version of the R230 has a steel bushing in the ears on the front of the diff which reduces the diameter from 1 1/4" to 1 1/8". the diff was just rusty and dirty enough that it took me awhile to notice. just need to punch out this reducer bushing to make the new rubber bushings fit.

Hope the new bushings work for you. It seems like the details about the r230 in the Q45 vs 300zxtt are always different:

different input flange designs

slightly different bushing setups

different halfshaft sizes(Q45 is 1 mm bigger in diameter)

location of the speed sensors are different

Q45 r230 is 1 inch longer

I guess that what happens when you have two different cars.

Looking at that $22.00 diff bushing set again makes me want one :) .

Sean